The winners of the inaugural Scotland Loves Local Awards will be announced on Thursday.
The event, presented by STV’s Sean Batty, will be broadcast via Scotland’s Town’s Partnership’s YouTube channel at 4pm.
It will include the announcement of the 2021 High Street Hero Award, sponsored by Spar Scotland.
The awards are set to be among the highlights of the Scotland’s Towns Conference, a showcase of the innovation and dedication making the nation’s communities stronger, more sustainable and fit for the future, which is taking place this week.
Those shortlisted are:
Climate Town, sponsored by Historic Environment Scotland and Collective Architecture
- Greener Kirkcaldy
- LEAP, Greater Glasgow
- Nairn Business Improvement District, Nairn Community and Arts Centre, Green Hive and Nairn Bowling Club
Creative Town, sponsored by Creative Scotland
- Impact Arts and West Kilbride Community Initiative
- The Institute of Local Television, Sanquhar
- Paisley First Business Improvement District
Innovative Town, sponsored by Commsworld
- Creative Crieff and Radio Earn
- Kilmarnock Business Association and East Ayrshire Council
- Milngavie Town Centre BID and Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce
Place Leader, sponsored by Message Matters
- Malcolm Thomas Harley, Our Hamilton Business Improvement District
- Jackie Shearer, manager of Possilpark Business Improvement District
- Andrew Spence, chief executive, Oban Business Improvement District
Streets and Spaces, sponsored by South of Scotland Enterprise
- Dementia Friendly Prestwick (promenade work)
- Falkirk Council (Zetland Park redevelopment)
- Isle of Bute Business Improvement District (Rothesay’s Al Fresco Square)
Town Centre Living, sponsored by ThreeSixty Architecture
- The Eskdale Foundation, Langholm
- Fife Council (Kirkcaldy, Cupar and Lochgelly)
- Renfrewshire Council (Paisley)
The awards are also supported by STV.
You will be able to follow the event live via Scotland’s Towns Partnership’s social media channels – and can join in the occasion using #ScotlandLovesLocal and #SLLawards.