Almost 7,000 Scotland Loves Local Argyll and Bute Gift Cards are being distributed across the region to help families with the rising cost of living and boost business.
Argyll and Bute Council is providing support to low-income households by sending out 6,658 gift cards – each worth £120 – to eligible homes.
The cards will support residents with the ongoing cost of living crisis and provide an economic boost to local businesses recovering from the ongoing impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Recipients can choose from more than 200 Argyll and Bute businesses in which to spend the gift card.
Eligible households in receipt of Council Tax Reduction are being contacted by the council.
Residents need to look out for envelopes branded Love Local love Argyll and Bute arriving at the end of November / early December. They will receive two letters.
- The first letter will confirm you are eligible for the gift card. It includes everything you need to know about activating your card including a unique code. Please keep this letter safe.
- The second letter, issued shortly after will include your gift card.
Once activated, you can use your gift card in any of the participating businesses.
Councillor Robin Currie, Leader of Argyll and Bute Council, said: “We know that many residents across Argyll and Bute are facing huge pressures with the cost of living crisis. The gift card aims to provide residents with extra spending, particularly in the run up to Christmas. It also provides a welcome boost to local businesses and helps to support jobs across the area. Please look out for the envelope and keep it safe to activate your gift card when it arrives.”
Funding for the disbursement has come from a £1.48m Covid Economic Recovery Funding package awarded to the council by the Scottish Government.
- Details about the Scotland Loves Local Gift Card activation process: https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/scotland-loves-local-argyll-and-bute-gift-card
- Find out more about the Argyll and Bute Council Tax Reduction Scheme: https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/welfare-reform/council-tax-reduction-scheme
- Sign up your business to the Scotland Loves Local Gift Card here.
- More details about the Scotland Loves Local Gift Card generally can be found here.